Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Little Good News

Items of good news seem to be few and far between lately, so it was a welcome relief today when the wound center doctor said my leg was completely healed. It's been somewhere around twelve weeks in the process, but it's finally over.

The next step is getting back on track with my cancer therapy. I've got an appointment to be re-evaluated in about a week, so I'm looking forward to that. Doctor Whoosh indicated that he plans to put me on an intravenous drug next. I looked up the info on it and it doesn't appear to have any major side effects. It's just been approved recently and has some bright sounding reviews from the medicos. I'm somewhat disappointed that it only slows down cancer growth rather than aggressively combating it.

For numerous reasons my wife and I are in the process of selling the old house we lived in before moving to our present digs. My son's family has been living there and are now moving in with us temporarily until they can afford a domicile of their own. We're probably looking at six months to a year of combined households. We've done it before, we can do it again.

No comments: