Thursday, June 09, 2016

Not Much Happening

It's been a little while since I last posted, so I thought I'd drop in and do a quick update. Not much going on since my last post. I had a CT scan a couple of weeks ago and visited Dr. Whoosh's office for an update. Got to talk to his NP, he was out of town. My cancer is still growing and they want me to see a pulmonologist in Gotham that caters to cancer patients to investigate my shortness of breath. Possible that they may try drawing off some more fluid. That's a week from today, then back to Dr. Whoosh a week later. If I've learned nothing else over the last two years, it's that doctors don't get in a hurry to do anything. I've been having trouble loosing more weight. After my last trip to the hospital I lost about 15 pounds in about a week, then it just plateaued. Up and down a pound or two every day, I seem to have hit a glass floor. Every time I gain or loose more than 3 pounds, a nurse from home health care calls me to make sure I wasn't holding an anvil when I stepped on the scales. They get so uptight about a couple of pounds. I can understand if I was somewhere around my "ideal" weight. Three pounds would be like gaining a second head. When you're as big as me, it's less than 1% of my body weight...I can just about fart real loud and loose that much weight. Hopefully I'll have more to report next time around.

No comments: