Tuesday, May 09, 2006

May Update

I guess it's time for a monthly update.

My job search is sort of lingering at the moment. The job I mentioned in previous posts has not started doing interviews yet, but I've heard through the grapevine that my resume is one of those being given serious consideration. I've sent out a couple of other resumes, but none of those are really too promising. I'm also planning to start doing some computer repair work on my own, "be your own boss" type of stuff.

My wife is nearing the end of her work for the school as well, about six or seven more days and she's done for the summer. No prospect of a full time job, but she'll probably have some opportunities to do substitute work next fall...which she doesn't really enjoy too much.

My younger son graduated from college last weekend, he's now looking for work in the realm of newspaper and broadcast journalism or graphic design. There is also a possibility that he may be able to get a job working for the school as a graduate instructor.

My older son has been doing some substitute teaching, but that's about to dry up with summer vacation upon us. He's hoping to get a full time teaching job this fall, several good prospects and a lot of resumes have been sent out, but nothing definite as yet.

So...all of the members of our family are sort of in limbo in as much as the employment arena is concerned.

Your continued prayers on our behalf would be appreciated!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for the update!! I've been wondering for quite some time now what the latest news is on the job situation.

If no jobs become available to you all, don't you dare go hungry! You just march yourselves over to my house and get fed. I mean it! What's family for anyway? I'm here for you guys. I love you all!

aaronkallner said...

My prayers and thoughts continue for the Graff family. I hope the best for all of you.

If there is anything Jodi or I can do, please ask.

Aaron