Friday, April 03, 2015

Fixed

One last post about my windshield wiper problem. They're finally fixed. Before I took the car in this time, I did some more research online and found a service bulletin about how to fix the problem. I also printed out a screenshot from a video showing the defective part. Taking this info with me, I gave it to the service manager who was a bit skeptic about it. Twenty minutes later he was telling me that my info was correct and the wipers were working correctly.

Windshield wipers and I just don't seem to get along. I think I've mentioned before that I have wiper problems with my old 1988 Chevy pickup. The wipers on it work fine as long as it isn't raining. A little mist doesn't cause any problem, but a light drizzle causes them to stop working in delay mode. A steady rain makes them stop working in normal mode and you have to put them into fast mode to keep them working. The truck has so many other problems that I've stopped getting it repaired. I could spend twenty times what it's worth and still not have everything fixed that needs fixing. Eventually it will stop running and I'll have to put it out to pasture. Until then it's my standby for short trips when no other transportation is available. I wouldn't trust it for any trips out of the local area.

On the health front, I visited Dr. Whoosh's office last week. I put a stopwatch on him this time. One minute and four seconds from the time he opened the exam room door and he closed it on his way out. I did visit with his NP for a while and learned that all my blood tests are still looking good. I'm scheduled for another CT scan in about three weeks to see how things are progressing.

No comments: