Thursday, April 23, 2015

Wait and See


I just got back from still another visit to Dr. Whoosh, this time to evaluate a CT scan I had done a few days ago. The news wasn't as good as I had hoped, but not terrible. The masses in my lungs have grown a fraction which, I am told, is not unusual for this type of cancer. Not enough growth to be extremely worried, but a concern none the less. I'm scheduled for another scan in 6 weeks just to see if new growth is really happening and how fast. They also increased the dosage on the cancer medication. The last time I was at the new dosage I had some blood pressure problems, but my other medications have been adjusted since then...so we'll just have to see if the BP problem returns.

The doctor has moved a couple of miles away from his original location due to a need for more office space. It's a more shabby building and has a severe lack of parking. I had to park and walk about three times further than I'm able, so I had to stop and rest a couple of times. Also, the only parking I could find was metered. I wasn't expecting parking meters so I had to send my wife back with five bucks worth of quarters to feed the monster. After leaving I drove around to evaluate the parking situation a little better and discovered valet parking on the other side of the building. Sigh.

Otherwise things seem to be going well. I'm feeling good, spring has finally arrived, the sun is shining, and the wife is itching to get outside and work in the garden.

No comments: