Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Busy, busy, busy.

I woke up again at 5 a.m. today, but this time I rolled over and went back to sleep for a while. I did get up at 7 a.m. and got ready for the day. Don't want to let myself fall into a rut of laying around in bed or living in my pajamas.

I had planned to work on my resume this morning but other things pushed that plan to the side for a while.

Since my employer only said "job performance" and wouldn't discuss exactly why I was discharged and there wasn't a category like that, I put "undisclosed reason" on my application for unemployment benefits. That tripped a flag and ODJFS emailed me that they needed clarification via an online form.

The form said to "briefly describe" why I thought I was discharged. No indication of how much "briefly" was, so I gave them a couple of paragraphs...and crashed the javascript application. Okay, they were LONG paragraphs. Really long. I pared down my description a little and resubmitted it. This time it didn't crash, but it did tell me there was a 1500 character limit. So I had to use a machete and cut the crap out of my beautifully worded document. In the end it was a mere shadow of it's glorious beginning. Hopefully it conveyed at least a hint of the anguish I feel at being so coldly terminated.

Add to that they want a quarterly breakdown of my wage earning information for a 16 month period. Yeah, like I keep that handy. Took me all day to come up with all of this stuff. Getting ready right now to run down to the post office and get it in the mail to them.

I should also be getting some paperwork to fill out regarding medical insurance. Wonderful! I just LOVE having to track down all of this information.

No comments: