Sunday, February 26, 2012

A New Post At Last

After a long time ignoring this blog, I appear to have more time to devote to it now, seeing as how I am suddenly unemployed.

After four and a half years doing the same job, I was summoned to the office and dismissed for "job performance." I suspect it was office politics. A new department manager with a wife who needs a full-time job.

They had planned to get rid of me last August but circumstances made it impractical for them to do so. This time they got their ducks in a row and bid me goodbye. It was very cut and dried. "Hi, we're dismissing you, sign here, clean out your desk, give us your keys, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Tomorrow is the first Monday in a long time that I don't have to get up at 5 a.m. to go to work. It's probably going to feel a little strange.

I'm understandably a little depressed but I think I'll get over it eventually. And, of course, it will be quicker if I find a steady source of income.

Monday comes with a lot of stuff to adjust to, phone calls to make, things in my life are changing and I guess I'll have to adapt.

I think perhaps the most annoying thing about all this is when I'm in that half-awake/half-asleep mode, sort of daydreaming and I think of something I need to do at work...and then I realize...No, I don't need to do that at work because I no longer have a job.

No comments: