Sunday, April 20, 2014

Letting It Out

Okay, everyone in the family pretty much knows about my cancer now. I had hoped to have all the kids home for Easter to tell them at the same time, but that didn't happen. Each got told separately yesterday. My youngest son on the phone, my daughter when she got in from Columbus, and the older son when he dropped the grandkids off for us to watch them overnight. Dad was told a few days ago. The only one I haven't contacted is my sister, but I'm guessing she's already heard about it from Dad. I'll probably give her a call later today just to make sure about it though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to tell anyone else at church about it quite yet. The elders and pulpit minister know for sure, and maybe the associate minister. I think that's probably the only ones. I did ask for prayers on the church Facebook "prayer chain" page, but I wasn't specific as to the reason except for a "major crisis" sort of thing. I'm planning on letting folks know as soon as I get the "official" word from a doctor and know just how bad this thing is. While I'm about 99.9% sure it's extremely serious, I don't want to be shouting "wolf!" if it turns out to be some sort of anomaly.

No comments: