Saturday, May 24, 2014

Seeing the Lung Guy

I received a fat envelope in the mail today from the doctor I've been referred to about the mass on my lung. Enclosed was a note about an appointment that has been scheduled for me and another set of medical history forms to fill out. The appointment is 5 days before I'm scheduled to have the CT and bone scans done, so I'm not sure if that's good or not.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Oh, don't forget another 250 mile round trip to squeeze some more bucks out of my budget.

I wish doctors and hospitals could get together and standardize their medical history forms. This new one is ten pages of the same information I've already filled out at least 5 times already. Name, address, SSN, insurance info, medication list, diseases and symptoms, list of recent surgeries, et cetera, ad nauseum. Both of these doctors work out of the same hospital. This is time consuming and tedious stuff that could be made a lot simpler with some sort of universal form. I wouldn't mind filling out twenty pages if I only had to do it once.

Eleven days to go before this new appointment, sixteen days before the scans. Sooner or later somebody is going to give me some answers that don't include the words "I'm not completely certain, but..."  If they don't want a patient going postal on them, they had better shift into high gear after these upcoming appointments.


No comments: