Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Kick Cancer's Ass

Meeting with the lung cancer surgeon tomorrow. Don't know what's going to happen for certain, but I'm suspecting it'll be just a preliminary evaluation meeting and maybe a slight chance that a biopsy might be taken. He'll probably want to wait until the CT and bone scans are done next Monday.

I've been sort of mulling over what might be down the road in the future. One thing I haven't thought much about is money. Yeah, I have health insurance, but I think it only pays about 80% after my deductible is met. With major surgery and the possibility of chemo and/or radiation therapy down the road, things could get pretty expensive quickly.

I've been following the blogs and Twitter accounts of several folks who are fighting cancer and some of them are doing some aggressive fundraising things of various sorts.  In the back of my head I've been kicking around the idea of silicone bracelets with something like "Kick Cancer's Ass" printed on them. I don't know...just thinking out loud.

No comments: