Saturday, June 14, 2014

No News Is...

...no news.

 I haven't posted anything for a few days, so I thought I'd hop in just to say "Hi!" Nothing's happening on the cancer front. My surgery is scheduled for this coming Wednesday, so I should have something to say once I'm able to get back online.

As for life in general, nothing much happening there either. I've been playing 500 Rummy with the wife and brother-in-law on a daily basis and getting my butt whipped pretty regularly. I'm not sure what I've changed in my playing strategy that's causing me to loose so often. I used to be a better player.

I haven't been entering many Photoshop contests lately either, none of the source images seem to inspire me very much. For those I have been entering, my efforts tend to end up near the bottom of the standings. An occasional win, but my percentage is way down.

I've found something new that has been keeping my brain active lately, #hashtagwars.  I shall attempt to explain for those of you who don't do Twitter.... At seemingly random intervals during the day, a theme is announced via Twitter message. It could be something like "#SweetMovies."  Following this, players try to come up with funny responses to the theme, including the hashtag #SweetMovies in their response. For example "Cloudy With a Chance of Sweet Rolls #SweetMovies." Challenging, fun, and usually a big laugh.

My 2002 Chevy Impala is starting to show it's age. I forgot to roll up the driver's side window the other day and had a really bad storm pass through. The next time I drove the car, the turn signal relay started clicking continuously. Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick... Thankfully it stopped once the interior of the car dried out, but it was certainly annoying for quite a while. The only other annoying problem with the car at the moment is that the windshield wipers are out of sync. They work fine, but when you turn them off, they point straight up instead of folding back down. It feels like you're driving through a set of football goalposts. I don't know where to begin telling about the problems with our other vehicle, a 1988 Chevy pickup...it's problems are legion.

Well, I seem to be rambling, so I'll get off of here. I will post again when there's something slightly more interesting to report.


No comments: