Sunday, June 08, 2014

NPO After Midnight

Tomorrow is looking like a busy day. Nothing to eat after midnight tonight, leave before dawn to be able to get to the doctor's office by 7 in the morning. First part of the CT scan starts at 9, bone scan at 11, back to finish the CT scan at 2 in the afternoon, back to the doctor's office at 3, and then a 2 hour drive home. I should have something more to be able to tell people when I get home. My mobile is a "dumb phone" so no tweets or posts until I get back late tomorrow.

I had a small incident last night, doing okay now though. I was getting a glass of water before bed and noticed a smear of red on the kitchen floor. It looked like strawberry jelly or something. It didn't really register with me mentally, I was kind of tired and I just thought "Huh...I wonder what that is?" I went into the TV room, sat down in my chair, and noticed a big dark spot on my house slipper. Again, it didn't register. I wondered what I might have stepped in or spilled that might have made the spot. Kicking my slippers off I found my right foot was covered in a LOT of blood. That got my attention. I'm not sure exactly what or how it happened, but I discovered a small cut between my toes. As my dad would say, I was bleeding like a stuck pig. I have some diabetic nerve damage in my feet, so I don't always feel stuff like that. Add to that the fact that I'm on blood thinners, so cuts tend to bleed more than normal. A piece of sterile gauze and some adhesive tape helped to stanch the flow and this morning all was fine.  It was a bit of a scare at the time though.

No comments: