Saturday, June 28, 2014

Next Stop...

I'm traveling to another dimension, a dimension not only of health and sickness but of co-pays. A journey to a confusing land whose boundaries are only determined by insurance coverage. That's the signpost up ahead—my next stop, the Twilight Zone!

I'm scheduled for a biopsy of the mass on my lung this coming Tuesday. I always thought that biopsies were pretty quick and simple things, but apparently not with this one. I've been told that I'll be put under light sedation, not completely unconscious, just a "twilight" state between awake and asleep. It's being done by the radiology department and apparently will be using some sort of CT equipment to guide the biopsy needle. The whole thing is supposed to take an hour or two and I've been told to plan on spending up to 6 hours at the hospital. NPO after midnight (of course) and no driving following the procedure. Well, I'm impressed.

I received a survey packet in the mail today to rate my visit for last week's surgery. I probably should wait a little while and take one of the Percosets they gave me before I fill it out. If I did it right now, I'm pretty sure the envelope would catch fire before it got to the mailbox.

No comments: